Saturday, April 11, 2009

Welcome to my blog!

When I decided to go to graduate school, I expected to become an expert in genetics. What I didn't expect was to become so well versed in figuring out what I really want. At 22. I thought continuing on the path that I had laid out for myself, based on my families values and my talents, was the sensible and safe thing to do. It didn't occur to me that one day sensible and safe wouldn't be enough. For the past 9 years I have been trying to figure out what I want and how to get it. It's been a long road. Some things helped me get closer to the answers and some were mere distractions. I'm writing this blog because I know there are lots of you out there like me - maybe you're a few years into graduate school, or maybe you're just starting your postdoc. You're hit with the realization that you don't want to be doing bench science forever, but what else could you possibly do? I hope that by sharing my experiences, I can help others find their answers sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment